Elder Mailandar

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Elder Mailandar

Guild: Sap Heart
      Race: Hom'chai
      Class: Warrior

Card Type: Spellbreaking Hulking Hitter

Perfect Rolls: RRYYBx/RYYBxx, RRRRBx/RRBxxx, YYSSSS, RRRRRR

Overview: Mighty leader of the Hom'chai tribes, Elder Mailandar is a fearless warrior that lives and devotes every fiber of his being to strength.
      He starts off by throwing his enchanted spear at the opponent, dealing massive damage (especially if attacking) and cutting a positive effect in half. He then starts building up his Strength by multiplying it x 6 only once, possibly resulting in an impressive build-up. Lastly, Mailandar unleashes the inner beast by gaining a whopping 1500 rage which, under the right conditions, can allow him to escalate to unprecedented degrees.
      Elder Mailandar has several perfect rolls (the "x" can be either blues or swords);

- RRYYBx Altered Double Rainbow: 3640 damage (3990 if Attacker);
      - RYYBxx Altered Double Rainbow 2: 6660 damage;
      - RRRRBx Muscle Devotion 1: 2840 damage (3540 if Attacker);
      - RRBxxx Muscle Devotion 2: 3580 damage (3930 if Attacker);
      - YYSSSS Last Resort: 9480 damage;
      - RRRRRR Spear Toss: 2100 damage (3150 if Attacker).

While the Elder can truly break the opponent by fully abusing his humongous late Rage, such power is extremely delicate because it can be contained by Shield or traditional anti-Strength means. Luckily, in those instances, Mailandar can count on his trusted spear.
      Ideal partners for Elder Mailandar are: Moarg/Dakeza (Hom'chai Critical, Warrior Critical/Dodge), Kei'zan (Sap Strength), Apagori (Hom'chai Shield).

Pros:
      - World-breaking damage output;
      - Massive burst/strength potential;
      - Extremely menacing late phase.

Cons:
      - Very vulnerable to anti-Strength;
      - Contained by Dodge;
      - Tricky yellow rolls.
    • I need to see Attacking Elder YYSSSS Vs. Defending Isorropia BBBBBB

With some crits.

EDIT: so I dont double post

What are people's thoughts on seals?

I was thinking plus damage, so that if he gets stenched or backstabbed to STR 0 the rage can still get some triggers and it can also help protect any given crits from spellbreaker or mimic.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Haseo ().

• @Haseo

Nothing is going happen against Isorropia vs Elder. Rage does not happen until it attacks, well after Iso's blue ability (unless you mean its second ability... but then who would do that against Iso?) :P

As for seal, STR may be the strongest. Since its second ability will increase its strength 6, you could do YYRBSS and still be good, or simply go for all reds if you are scared of stench. Aside from that, resil is your second best option, not damage. Damage does nothing for the card overall. Forcing the last ability is not what you should be trying to do (though viable). Should be working towards a more flexible card.
      ~~~ Official US EA Streamer ~~~
      ~~~ First EA Forums Moderator~~~

#Turtlepower

The post was edited 2 times, last by ryan2849 ().

• Set my new damage high with him by 1000 damage :thumbsup: pretty insane but can be countered with the right comps. He works really well with artezil because of his first ability if you're up against a backstab or a bulwark and can't use his last two abilities effectively. Super good card that can actually be countered, we need more cards like this! Can't wait to seal him :)
    • Haseo wrote:

My sub-optimal seal finally saves the day i.imgur.com/1hOsWHw.png

\o/ lol.

Dmg seal is surprisingly good. I only used him in crit comps so if there was a backstab threat to counter my strength shield I could just roll RR spellbreaker instead, but the +dmg seal allows him to always get his rage off in any comp as long as the opponent doesn't have shield or -dmg. Second best seal on him for sure and viable too, imo at least :)
    • Haseo wrote:

Yeah, that's why I gave him the dmg seal. However there was some debate that it was not the best seal for him.
      The answer to what is the best seal is debatable. Want more damage? Strength. Want more defense? Resil/shield/thorns (scarab counter). Want a counter to 0 strength and want to get lucky with rage? Damage.

Since Mailandar is a card with no form of defense and can put out massive damage, the card is supposed to play aggressively. So with that, strength is "considered" the best. However, damage provides rage activation incase of no strength. And since that will happen infrequently, damage is inferior to strength, but still has a practical use (unlike stench on smite users or damage on shock users).
      ~~~ Official US EA Streamer ~~~
      ~~~ First EA Forums Moderator~~~

#Turtlepower
    • ryan2849 wrote:

Haseo wrote:

Yeah, that's why I gave him the dmg seal. However there was some debate that it was not the best seal for him.
      The answer to what is the best seal is debatable. Want more damage? Strength. Want more defense? Resil/shield/thorns (scarab counter). Want a counter to 0 strength and want to get lucky with rage? Damage.

Since Mailandar is a card with no form of defense and can put out massive damage, the card is supposed to play aggressively. So with that, strength is "considered" the best. However, damage provides rage activation incase of no strength. And since that will happen infrequently, damage is inferior to strength, but still has a practical use (unlike stench on smite users or damage on shock users).
      Yeap, that's pretty much the gist of the discussion on it.

I went with DMG because I feel like he's powerful enough that +Strength is just helping him win more and the +dmg helps against one of his hard counters.

I've been playing him alongside Deliah and Gaky today and riposte agrees with Mailandar very well, it's a pretty fun combo.